Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Social Security--Will It Be Next?

As stated earlier, in the economic environment we're all struggling through, finding a job can be a more than full-time endeavor itself, and made even harder by perps who think that sabotaging someone's job searches is laughable.

So what does one do when unemployment is exhausted and no job to be found? The answer is obvious--there are tent cities in California and all over the US right now that are the direct result of our present economic climate, and this GS phenomenon only adds to their population.

I hate to even bring this up, but what is next? Is Social Security going to be the next thing to disappear in front of our eyes? I have asked a couple of family members about this, and they tend to think it won't happen in their lifetime. This answer would be fine (however short-sighted it is) except that the attitude of self-entitlement that usually goes with that statement is a little hard to take. Being a generation behind them, I have worked more recently to help provide them with these entitlements, just as my children will be providing my benefits when the time comes (if the time comes). More and more our Social Security funding is being raided, and I have even read that one of our recent presidents (and I think you all know who I am talking about) has even left it in the red. How true that is, I don't know--we peasants who do the work are not privy to these things.

For those of us who have not reached the legal age limit to receive these "entitlements", the uppity attitude of those who are receiving these benefits adds to the frustration we feel at having no recourse but to buy (if we can even afford it) a tent and join the millions of homeless out there with no place to go--I always wanted to try camping anyway. "From cradle to grave" I've learned the art of making lemonade when being presented with lemons. This would just be another instance of that--and it would give me a larger audience to do the preaching work we are known for--add a little sugar to take awake the sour, and, once more, voila! lemonade.

So, what would happen if Soc Sec suddenly wasn't there anymore? I hate to even think about it, but I know it would wake up a whole new segment of the population who have never done completely without before. The sad part is it will affect the very old and very sick and those who care for them.

Really, I'm being way too cavalier here in this post. Is it because in my own mind, even I (a TI) might still think it would never happen in my lifetime? Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:

    http://www.badexperiment.com/

    http://thehiddenevil.com/

    ReplyDelete